Bangladesh is a land of possibility. The main possible resource of the country is population. The main attractions of Bangldesh are-
- Very attractive human resource (8-15 times lower paid as compared with Europe and USA)
- Very nice and good weather
- Government support for foreign investor- like EPZ, Tax Holiday etc
- World famous tourist spot - Colorful tribal life, longest sea beach, centuries' old archeological sites, home of the Royal Bengal Tiger, largest tea gardens, interesting riverine life, etc.
- Renowened for the investment in Garments, Petroleum, IT etc.
The People's Republic Of Bangladesh Location Latitude between 20 degree 34' and 26 degree 39' north.
between 88 degree 00' and 92 degree 41' east.
Area: 144,000 sq. km.
limate Main seasons : Winter (Nov - Feb), Summer (Mar - Jun), Monsoon (Jul - Oct).
Max 34 degree Celsius, Min 8 degree Celsius. Rainfall Lowest 47" and highest 136" Capital: Dhaka (Present area 414 sq. km. Master plan 777 sq.km.)
Total estimated population 130 million. State Language Bangla. English is also widely spoken and understood Principal Crops Jute, rice, tobacco, tea, sugarcane, vegetables, potato, pulses, etc.
Mango, banana, pineapple, jack-fruit, water-melon, green coconut, guava, licis, etc. Major Industries
Jute, sugar, paper, textiles, fertilizers, cigeratte, cement, steel, natural gas, oil-refinery, newsprint, power generation, rayon, matches, fishing and food processing, leather, soap, carpet, timber, ship-building, telephone, etc.
Chittagong and Mongla Airports Zia international airport, Dhaka, Chittagong and Sylhet, domestic airports at Chittagong, Jessore, Sylhet, Cox's Bazar, Rajshahi and Saidpur Electricity 220 Volts A.C. in all cities and towns Tourist Seasons October to March Wearing Apparel Tropical in summer, and light-woolen in winter Currency The unit of currency is the Taka. Notes are in denominations of 1,2,5,10,20,50,100 and 500 Taka. Coins are 1,5,10,25,50 and 100 Paisa (100 Paisa = 1 Taka) 1 Dollar= around 61 taka.